The NAAL is the national non-governmental umbrella organization for adult learning in Norway. Among its members are 15 governmentally approved adult learning associations with a member network of 475 adult learning non-governmental organizations nationwide.
NAAL has its central administration in Oslo, and has autonomous regional offices covering all the 19 counties of Norway.
Last year, our members’ activities totalled approximately 44 500 courses with 508 000 participants, of which 217 000 - 88 600 men and 129 000 women - were over the age of 50.
The purpose of the NAAL is to
- advocate the common interests of the associations and their participants towards the Government, the Parliament and the Ministry of Education
- promote non-formal adult learning in the society
- advise the members and other third parties concerning laws and regulations
- give advice within the field of adult learning theory and practice
- provide counsel within education planning
- coordinate projects
- advocate and lobby
Voksenopplæringsforbundet (VOFO) /The Norwegian Association for Adult Learning (NAAL)
Postal address: P.O. Box 9339 Grønland, 0135 Oslo
Office address: Motzfeldtsgt. 1, 0187 Oslo
Phone: (+47) 22 41 00 00